My NCLEX Experience

October 10, 2007 at 1:11 am 3 comments

So, I’m done.  The test is over.  Now the waiting begins.  I drove to Indianapolis yesterday around dinner time.  I swung by the testing center to make sure I could find it easily.  Then I headed to my aunts house where we watched Dancing with the Stars and I headed to bead.  I didn’t sleep well, one of those nights where you are in and out of sleep worried that you aren’t going to wake up in time.  So, since I didn’t really sleep I was up at 6:30.  I got ready, threw on some cumfy clothes and headed to the test.  I stopped and got some breakfast and snacks that I ended up not needing.  I got to the test center right on time and there were 4 or 5 of us on the elevator all heading to take our NCLEX.  Once we got to the Pearson testing center the lady at the desk was really nice.  We were all given directions, pretty much what isn’t allowed during the test.  Then we had to show our ID and ATT, sign our signature on an electronic pad, have our fingerprint taken twice, and get our picture taken.  High security for us law breaking nurses, ya know.  Then another lady called my name, checked my ID again and took my finger print again.  She went over the directions with me again, gave me a white board and marker, and walked me to my seat.  I then had to reread the directions again on the computer and click that I understood.  Then I had like a 5 question tutorial to make sure I knew how to take the test.  I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, said a quick prayer, and hit next for the real test to start.  Supposedly the first question is easy to get you off to a good start and help you start moving up in difficulty.  Yeah, I don’t remember what that first question was, but I had never heard of the disease.  Same with the next question, not good.  I wouldn’t say that any of the questions were easy, but I was pretty sure on quite a few of them.  I had several questions about rare diseases that I will probably never see.  I also had a lot of priority questions were all of the answers were patients who needed to be seen NOW and I had to choose who I would see first.  Then other questions were none the patients really had anything pressing going on I had to pick who to see first.  None, of the patients need anything right now?? Take a break while you can!!  Was what I wanted to answer.  Anyway, I got to 75 questions and the screen went blank for a second, just sitting there thinking, thinking, thinking……  At that point I was BEGGING the computer to shut off because I knew my brain was fading.  Thankfully, it finally popped up a screen telling my test was over and then had me complete a survey about 10 questions long about my test experience.  So, it’s over.  I feel pretty good about it, but who knows.  Hopefully the results are up sooner rather than later.

How I felt during the NCLEX


Entry filed under: NCLEX, nursing. Tags: , .

Preparing to take the NCLEX Melissa…..RN!!!

3 Comments Add your own

  • 1. ISNYRA  |  June 4, 2008 at 6:08 am

    did u pass…… curious……..?

  • 2. destin3g99  |  June 4, 2008 at 10:33 am

    Yeah, stay tuned if you’re going to be taking the NCLEX. I think I’m going to post about the book I studied from.

  • 3. marsha  |  July 1, 2008 at 2:41 am

    Is true that NCLEX RN test get finger prints? If it is true why is that? i gonna take my test on july 9 im so nervous about it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed

October 2007
    Nov »


Blog Stats

  • 87,597 hits

%d bloggers like this: